Found yourself neglecting the old exfoliation routine of late?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone – we all know it’s good for our skin, but most of us don’t know where to start. That’s why we’ve put you together this short and sweet how-to-guide, so that your skin stays soft and hydrated over the summer!
How Does Exfoliation Work?
Every 30 days or so, your skin cells completely regenerate themselves. As part of this process, dead skin cells are shed from the top layer of skin to be replaced. This regeneration leads to a need for dead skin cells to be removed from the skin to promote overall health and visibly beautiful skin. Using an exfoliating scrub is an easy, natural way to remove dry and flaky skin, smooth dimples (a nice way of saying cellulite!) and leave skin feeling softer and altogether less dirty!
The Benefits of Exfoliation
- Exfoliation can leave your skin looking brighter and improve the effectiveness of skincare products by enhancing absorption.
- Regular exfoliation can help prevent clogged pores, resulting in fewer breakouts.
- Long-term exfoliating can increase collagen production. is key to glowing, vibrant skin.
- Exfoliation evens skin tone, by breaking down dry and dead skin while smoothing texture, which means the skin appears to look more uniform over time.
How Often Should I Exfoliate?
You should aim to exfoliate your skin 1 – 2 times per week, you don’t want to overly strip the skin of moisture or compromise the skin barrier. See how your skin responds, and you can always build from there.
Exfoliation Dos and Don'ts
- Don’t exfoliate if it causes irritation - if your skin feels sensitive, stings, becomes red or flaky after exfoliating, stop immediately! Don’t exfoliate after a facial treatment - it can have detrimental effects on your skin and cause permanent damage Don’t be too rough!
- Exfoliate at night - exfoliating in the evening can help to increase the efficiency of the skin cell turnover, resulting in a clearer complexion and fresher, healthier skin Wear SPF – your skin will remain sensitive to the sun’s harmful UV rays for a few days after exfoliating Discontinue use of any products that increase skin irritation Do remember to exfoliate your lips!
This pocket-sized superpower can be used with a toothbrush to gently exfoliate the lips.
Revive tired and dull skin with fresh lime, peppery basil, zesty mandarin with an abundance of natural oils and sea salt. This essential treatment bursting with fresh and citrus scents will remove dead skin cells leaving your skin with a fresh glow.
A multifunctional and gentle soothing cleanser and cream infused with chamomile and jojoba oil to cleanse, moisturise and nourish the skin. Gentle enough to use daily, and for all skin types.