Tired of the daily grind and in need of some self-care, but don't want to break the bank on a spa day? We've got you covered! You can easily transform your home into a luxurious oasis with a DIY spa day that rivals professional treatments without draining your wallet.
1. Create the Right Atmosphere: Start by setting the mood. Dim the lights, play soft music, soothing music and light our Silvanus Candle scented with cedar wood. A calming atmosphere is essential for a spa experience.
2. DIY Facial: Begin with a rejuvenating facial. Steam your face by boiling water and leaning over the pot with a towel draped over your head. This opens up your pores. Then exfoliate with a homemade sugar scrub (mix sugar and coconut oil) for glowing skin. Finish with a DIY face mask, using ingredients like honey and yogurt, to nourish and hydrate your skin. Or for an easier, less mess approach try our Aegean Charcoal Infused Sheet Mask.
3. Relaxing Bath: Draw a warm bath with our Fig & Vanilla Bath salts and essential oils. This not only relaxes your muscles but also soothes your mind. Add a few drops of lavender or chamomile oil for extra tranquillity.
4. Mani-Pedi: Pamper your hands and feet with a DIY manicure and pedicure. Soak, exfoliate, and moisturise to reveal soft, beautiful skin. Try out our Sole Food Foot Nutrition Balm for a quick and easy pedi fix. Don't forget to add a fresh coat of nail polish for that professional touch.
5. Hair Mask: Revive your hair with a DIY hair mask. Combine olive oil, honey, and an egg for a nourishing treatment. Apply it from root to tip, leave it on for 20-30 minutes, and then wash it out for luscious locks. if you don't have these ingredients on hand, opt for our Green Tea and Jasmine Hair Therapy, resulting in a gleaming, healthy and supple 'swoosh'!
Relaxation and Meditation: While waiting for masks and treatments to work their magic, take some time for meditation or deep breathing exercises. Clear your mind and find your inner peace.
7. Hydrate and Snack: Stay hydrated with a glass of cucumber-infused water and enjoy a light, healthy snack. Fresh fruit and herbal tea make great spa-day refreshments.
8. Blissful Massage: Ask a partner or invest in a massage tool for a soothing massage session. Focus on tense areas and let go of stress and tension.
9. DIY Scrubs and Wraps: If you have body scrubs and wraps at hand, indulge in these treatments to exfoliate and hydrate your skin further. You can create these at home using ingredients like coffee grounds, sugar, or olive oil. But for an easier approach try out one of our many body scrubs, such as our award-winning Yuzu, Pink Beets & Watermelon!
10. Reflect and Rejuvenate: Finally, take a moment to reflect on your spa day. You've just given yourself a professional-grade treatment without the professional price tag. Your body and mind will thank you for the rejuvenation.
A DIY spa day at home can be a refreshing and budget-friendly way to unwind and rejuvenate. With a little creativity and some household ingredients, you can experience the ultimate relaxation without leaving your home. So, set a date, gather your supplies, and treat yourself to a spa day that won't break the bank.