Summer is a time for outdoor activities, but it also comes with the risk of heat rash. Heat rash, also known as prickly heat or miliaria, is a common condition that occurs when sweat ducts get blocked, causing inflammation and irritation. Here are five tips to help you tackle heat rash this summer:
- Wear Loose and Breathable Clothing: Loose and breathable clothing allows for better air circulation, preventing sweat from getting trapped on your skin. Choose lightweight fabrics such as cotton or linen to help your skin breathe.
- Stay Hydrated: Dehydration can lead to heat rash. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and avoid sugary or alcoholic drinks that can dehydrate you further.
- Take Frequent Breaks: If you're spending time outside in the heat, take breaks in a cool and shaded area. This will help your body cool down and reduce the risk of heat rash. Taking 10-15 mins out of your day to hydrate your skin can also help by using our cooling Cucumber Peel Off Mask. Full of vitamins to detoxify and heal the skin, it contains more than 97% of water to naturally aid in moisturising the skin.
- Use cooling products: our boosting face tonic is infused with Aloe Vera and rose water perfect for hydrating and balance the skin’s PH levels. Benefitting the skins hydration and promoting free-radical damage with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avoid Heavy Moisturisers: Heavy moisturisers in summer can clog your sweat ducts and exacerbate heat rash. Using a lightweight moisturiser instead can allow your skin to breathe. Our Hydrating Face & Body Milk is the ideal blend to cleanse and moisturise your skin. Regular application can help protect you from UV radiation damage and soothe your skin due to the richness of vitamin E & A.
We know heat rash can be uncomfortable, but it is preventable. By following these five tips, you can enjoy the summer season without worrying about the discomfort of heat rash. Stay cool, stay hydrated, and take care of your skin!