Vitamin C is the ingredient powerhouse in skincare. Also known as ascorbic acid it is a potent antioxidant, meaning it protects skin cells from damaging free radicals. It also inhibits melanin production in the skin, which helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots, even out skin tone, and enhance skin radiance.
We thought we’d share a couple of our favourite seasonal skincare products that are packed to the rafters with this super vitamin and a whole host of other goodies.
First up is, our top Vitamin C mask, Acerola cherry which contains the highest vitamin C content measured in any fruit – a vital ingredient for ageing. Bursting with acerola cherry pulp, this collagen-boosting peel off mask is also packed with antioxidants, resulting in a firmed and hopefully youthful appearance, it treats blemishes and minimises pores too and will leave skin hydrated and supple.
- Acerola cherry is an astringent – great for treating blemishes and minimising pores.
- Acerola cherries possess a good amount of vitamin A, a key ingredient for healthy ageing, minimising the appearance of wrinkles.
- Vitamin C is a great antioxidant, neutralising free radicals, protecting skin.
- B vitamins niacin, thiamine and riboflavin found in acerola cherry help to repair and regenerate damaged skin cells.
- The healing powers of vitamin C make it effective for clearing up acne and scars thanks to its ability to speed up the healing process and reduce redness.
- With deeply hydrating and remineralising algins (derived from brown Algae) to help leave skin feeling hydrated and supple
Our second recommendation has been documented as better than Goji Berries and Green Tea, it’s high in antioxidants , has seven times more Vitamin C than oranges, and is stuffed with vitamin A, B and C and omega, 3, 6 & 9 and really packs a punch as one of the best products you can buy. What are we talking about? Our award winning and best selling Baobab Oil. Grown in West Africa, generally Baobab Oil is known for its regenerative abilities, excellent for softening skin and helping heal any scars or blemishes it may even help with eczema and psoriasis.
It is a cold pressed oil extracted from the seeds of the monkey bread tree (or the Baobab tree) storing water in its trunk in can withstand the intense heat and survive on very little water, perhaps this is the reason why its oils are so rehydrating. With its nutty aroma, yellow colour and silky texture we think this is the go to multifunctional skincare accessory.
For skin application: After cleansing, apply a few drops to face & neck daily or as needed. A lifeline for dehydrated and maturing skin.
One of customers wanted us to share her story and below is what she had to say about the effect Baobab oil had on her skin;
"I have to send you these before and after pics. I have had a terrible skin issue on my forehead since Feb. I've been through numerous ointments, tablets and lotions from pharmacy and later the doctor.
It was making me so down I didn't want to see anyone, my job is public facing and I dreaded seeing people. I decided to try baobab oil every night, here are my before and after pics. It's amazing!"
- Our Baobab Oil is known for tackling blemishes, scars and marks on the body.
- Voted No. 1 in the Independent Best Buys awards for treating stretch-marks, this nutrient-rich oil is the multi-functional hero your skin will thank you for.
- Omega fatty acids mimic the skin’s natural oil production, balancing skin and sinking into skin with ease.
- Anti-inflammatory and soothing.
- Omega 9, an oleic acid, is high in antioxidants, protecting skin cells, great for healthy ageing.
- Oleic acid is a great skin hydrator.
- Omega 3 & 6 help formation of cell membranes, responsible for protecting and strengthening skin cells.
- Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin cell renewal.
- Vitamin A stimulates fibroblasts – the cells responsible for developing tissue that keeps skin firm and healthy in the deep layers of skin.
- Multifunctional - for hair, the enriching oil is high in proteins so nourishes, improves hair elasticity and encourages cell regeneration. The proteins and antioxidants help protect the hair from environmental damage.